with Cognitive Behavioral Play Therapy
Wednesdays July 15 OR July 22
11:00 – 1:00 EASTERN time zone
This 2 hour live interactive online training webinar provides an overview of the diagnosis and treatment of trichotilomania using a play therapy approach combining cognitive behavioral play therapy, mindfulness-based play therapy techniques steeped in researched and evidence-based methods. Trichotillomania is currently classified as an “Obsessive Compulsive and Related Disorder” in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition.
1 hour of seminal theory training and 1 hour of training in play therapy interventions.
Upon completion of this training participants will be prepared to. . .
- Describe the nature of trichotillomania and name the possible causes for the development of this disorder in children.
- Explain the benefits of cognitive behavioral based facilitative play therapy techniques as intervention to treat trichotillomania in child clients.
- Describe how to use mindfulness based play therapy techniques as interventions to treat trichotillomania in child clients.
- Explain how to utilize a child-centered play therapy approach in working with children with trichotilomania.
- Describe the importance of working closely with the parents of child clients receiving play therapy who suffer from trichotillomania.
This online training is led by Lynn Louise Wonders, LPC, RPT-S, CPCS of Wonders Counseling Services, LLC (APT Approved Provider 12-321) and provides 2 hours of CONTACT play therapy training and 2 NBCC CE hours. There will be a maximum of 40 participants and all participants must have their camera on and name clearly displayed the entire 2 hours. Participants will be required to complete the online quiz immediately upon conclusion of the webinar presentation in order to receive credit for contact hours.