May 10 11:00-3:00 EASTERN (We will take a 10 minute break at 1:00)
Tricoitillomania is a complex anxiety disorder with a compulsive behavioral component and can be difficult to treat but using a prescriptive play therapy approach there are a number of effective ways to assist adolescents in addressing both the compulsive behavior and the underlying anxiety This 4 hour live webinar will provide extensive training based in research and theory that supports a multi-faceted approach to using play-based techniques for effective treatment.
- Name the diagnostic criteria for trichotillomania.
- Explain when, why and how non-directive play therapy can be effective with adolescents diagnosed with trichotillomania.
- Identify theoretical basis for utilizing a cognitive behavioral play therapy approach with adolescents diagnosed with trichotillomania.
- List 15 directive play therapy interventions tied in to specific treatment planning goals.
- Apply theoretical basis and prescriptive interventions to case examples.
Counts for 4 contact hour credits with APT Approved Provider 12-321