The History Of Play Therapy: 120 Years Of Helping Children
January 20, 2021
10:00am to 1:20pm EST
Presented as a LIVE Webinar
by Lynn Louise Wonders, LPC, RPT-S, CPCS
Sponsored by Wonders Counseling Services, LLC
APT Approved Provider #12-321
Come and learn the rich history of play therapy, including the history of childhood and how multiple societies and cultures have regarded children throughout history, how the field of play therapy was born and its evolution over the last 120 years. In this delightful training experience, you’ll begin your journey through the history of play therapy by looking at more ancient times and the place children held. You’ll then walk through the late 19th century leading you along the winding and branching path showing how play therapy has developed. This course will lead you all the way to today’s current and cutting edge trends in the field of play therapy.
By the completion of this training webinar participants will be prepared to:
- Describe the beginnings of how child therapy came about at the turn of the 20th century.
- Name 7 historical figures that influenced the field of play therapy from the psychoanalytical movement.
- List 4 historical and current names of well known humanistic and non-directive theorists in play therapy.
- Define prescriptive play therapy and describe its purpose.
- Name three approaches to play therapy and list two play therapy theoretical orientations that fall under each approach.
Due to Covid19 health concerns, this one time online event has been approved by APT for 3 (THREE) CONTACT CE hours.
January 20, 2021 Live Webinar Schedule:
10:00am – 11:30 – Presentation of content
11:30 – 11:45 15 minute break
11:45 – 1:15 – Presentation of content
Course Access: One participants have registered and paid, handouts and access link to the Zoom webinar will be sent via email one day prior to the live event on January 20, 2021.
References: See THIS LINK
Cancelation and Refund Policy: Cancellations will be accepted and full refunds provided if registrants cancel in writing to email@example.com by or before seven (7) days prior to the live webinar on January 20, 2021.