This is a recorded version of a previously live webinar for non-contact training hours
Come and learn the rich history of play therapy, how the field was born and evolved over the last 120 years! We’ll begin our journey in the late 19th century and make our way along the winding path all the way to today. This training will count for 3 hours of play therapy history toward your RPT credentialing.
By the completion of this training webinar participants will be prepared to:
- Describe the beginnings of how child therapy came about at the turn of the 20th century.
- Name 7 historical figures that influenced the field of play therapy from the psychoanalytical movement.
- List 4 historical and current names of well known humanistic and non-directive theorists in play therapy.
- Describe prescriptive play therapy.
- Name three approaches to play therapy and list 2 play therapy theoretical orientations that fall under each approach.
Fee for this webinar?
Does this count for CE hours?
It counts for 3 CONTACT training hours of play therapy training (APT Approved Provider 12-321)