Wonders Counseling & Consultation is committed to the promotion of and action in support of equity, human rights, anti-hate, anti-racism, and social justice.
This company, the owner Lynn Louise Wonders and all who are employed and contracted by this company strive to oppose any actions of oppression.
We are guided by the following principles:
- Ongoing self-examination with respect to dynamics of power and any/all assumptions and values that accompany various views, goals, and commitments.
- Sharing power, establishing and maintaining transparency about power differentials, collaborating when appropriate, and fostering the power of marginalized individuals and groups.
- Centering, amplifying and attending to the voices and experiences of marginalized groups and individuals.
- Raising awareness by attending to how individual or group difficulties may be shaped by political, societal, institutional, interpersonal, and other contextual power dynamics.
- Focusing on people’s strengths and engaging these strengths to address challenges, including working toward social change.
- Promoting self-determination with people this company works with and serves.
This vision and these principles guide this company’s shared responsibility for ongoing efforts to enact commitment to diversity and social justice in our professional work.