Mondays August 10, 17 OR 24
11:00 – 1:00 EASTERN time zone
This 2 hour live interactive online training webinar provides opportunity for therapists to receive in-depth overview of the 8 seminal and historically significant theories enumerated by the Association for Play Therapy in addition to the very important theoretical orientation of family systems theory. This training will also teach the therapeutic powers of play and the concept of prescriptive play therapy as an approach to helping children and families.
2 hours of seminal and historical theory training
Upon completion of this training participants will be prepared to. . .
- List the 9 theoretical orientations for play therapy described in this presentation.
- Describe briefly the basis for each theory.
- Name 1 significant benefit for each of the theoretical orientations discussed in this presentation.
- List the therapeutic powers of play.
- Define the approach of prescriptive play therapy and name the reason for using this approach.
This online training is led by Lynn Louise Wonders, LPC, RPT-S, CPCS of Wonders Counseling Services, LLC (APT Approved Provider 12-321) and provides 2 hours of CONTACT play therapy training and 2 NBCC CE hours. There will be a maximum of 40 participants and all participants must have their camera on and name clearly displayed the entire 2 hours. Participants will be required to complete the online quiz immediately upon conclusion of the webinar presentation in order to receive credit for contact hours.