Play Therapy with Children of Divorce
Mondays June 8 OR 15
11:00 – 1:00 EASTERN time zone
This 2 hour live online training webinar will provide therapists an interactive training opportunity to learn about case conceptualization and treatment planning for children whose parents are divorced or going through the process of divorce.
1 hour of training in the special topic of treating children of divorce and 1 hour of training in play therapy interventions supporting children whose parents are divorced or divorcing.
Upon completion of this training participants will be prepared to. . .
- Describe the role of play therapist for the child client in divorce cases with specific structure to the course of play therapy from intake to termination.
- Name at least one reason for special consideration to the approach to providing play therapy for the child client whose parents are involved in high levels of conflict while in process of divorcing.
- Recite 10 play therapy interventions specifically designed to support children whose parents are divorced or divorcing.
- Explain how to teach children and parents about a child’s rights when parents are divorced or divorcing through playful language implemented during the course of play therapy.
- List 4 ways help the parents through the play therapy process in supporting their parenting of your child client.
This online training is led by Lynn Louise Wonders, LPC, RPT-S, CPCS of Wonders Counseling Services, LLC (APT Approved Provider 12-321) and provides 2 hours of CONTACT play therapy training and 2 NBCC CE hours. There will be a maximum of 40 participants and all participants must have their camera on and name clearly displayed the entire 2 hours. Participants will be required to complete the online quiz immediately upon conclusion of the webinar presentation in order to receive credit for contact hours.
Monday June 8 11:00 – 1:00 EASTERN
Monday June 15 11:00 – 1:00 EASTERN