Wednesdays August 5 OR August 12
11:00 – 1:00 EASTERN time zone
This 2 hour live interactive online training webinar provides training regarding anxiety disorders in children along with an overview in 3 seminal theories that provide effective play therapy approaches for addressing both the symptoms and the underlying basis for anxiety disorders in child clients. This training will also provide specific play therapy interventions within those theoretical orientations.
1 hour of seminal theory training and 1 hour of training in play therapy interventions.
Upon completion of this training participants will be prepared to. . .
- Name and describe 3 seminal theories that inform the relevant play therapy approaches appropriate for treating anxiety disorders.
- List 5 common anxiety disorders in children we often see and treat with play therapy services.
- List 10 play therapy interventions appropriate for helping children with anxiety disorders
- Describe the reason for having parental involvement in the play therapy treatment planning and implementation process.
- Apply theoretical framework to goal directed treatment planning for a fictional case scenario.
This online training is led by Lynn Louise Wonders, LPC, RPT-S, CPCS of Wonders Counseling Services, LLC (APT Approved Provider 12-321) and provides 2 hours of CONTACT play therapy training and 2 NBCC CE hours. There will be a maximum of 40 participants and all participants must have their camera on and name clearly displayed the entire 2 hours. Participants will be required to complete the online quiz immediately upon conclusion of the webinar presentation in order to receive credit for contact hours.