Thursday August 31 2:00 to 4:15pm EASTERN TIME ZONE
Via Secure Zoom Webinar Platform, Broadcast Live from Ormond Beach, Florida
2 APT Live Webinar CEs
Sponsored by Wonders Counseling Services, LLC APT Approved Provider 12-321
and hosted by Mindfulness-based Therapy Training Institute TM
Presented by Lynn Louise Wonders, LPC, RPT-S, CPCS firstname.lastname@example.org (presenter biography here)
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for graduate-level mental health professionals.
When a child’s parents are going through a divorce or have gone through a divorce previously, the entire family goes through major changes which has rippling effects on the dynamics between the parents, between the parents and children, between siblings, and even affecting extended family and social networks. This live webinar will examine the effects of divorce on the children in the family as well as the family system as a whole and will specifically address how play therapy with children individually, sibling sessions, parent child dyads and the family as a whole can be effective. More specifically, this training introduces a transtheoretical play therapy approach called Mindfulness-based Play Therapy TM spanning several seminal and historical play therapy theories and use of the therapeutic powers of play for helping the family have a healthy exploration and expression of emotions and preferences with regard to relationship dynamics. We will examine the continuum of conflict between parents and the way this information can inform your play therapy treatment planning process. We will explore practical ways clinicians can utilize research-supported mindfulness-based practices with and for families in play therapy for positive therapeutic outcomes.
- Name the levels of conflict between parents on the continuum and how that will inform treatment planning.
- Describe the most recent research on the effects of divorce on children and families and how therapeutic intervention can be supportive.
- Define mindfulness and three reasons it is important for the clinician to use mindfulness-based practices in the context of play therapy.
- Name 5 specific powers of play and describe how play is an agent of change and growth for children and families going through divorce.
- List at least 10 mindfulness-based play therapy interventions that can be used with children in session individually with siblings and/or with parents and whole family.
*PLEASE NOTE: This webinar will be recorded and available as a non-contact webinar in early 2024. If you are unable to attend live please wait to purchase this when it’s available so we can save seats for those who need the live webinar hours.
Program Schedule (EASTERN TIME ZONE):
2:00- 4:00 – Content Presentation
4:00 – 4:15 Q and A and Administration of Evaluations and Post-test
Access to Course and Materials: Course registrants will receive an email On August 30 by or before 7pm EASTERN time zone with a Zoom Access link and Handout Access for download.
IMPORTANT re: Evaluations, Post-test, and Certificates:
- Registrants must attend live with camera on at all times to receive CEs and certificate of completion. On-camera presence will be monitored throughout the program by our administrator.
- Registrants must submit evaluation and complete post-test that is administered at 3:15 EASTERN upon webinar presentation conclusion. Participants must complete and submit both evaluation and post-test with an 80% passing grade within 24 hours of this live webinar concluding in order to receive CEs and certificate of completion.
- Registrants will be provided TWO links in the CHAT box on Zoom at the conclusion of the webinar for the evaluation and post-test to be completed.
- Certificates of completion will be sent out to all who complete evaluations and post-test requirements per above guidelines by or before 6 pm EASTERN September 1 to the email address given in the registration form.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT REGISTRATION:
- A limit of 50 registrations will be accepted.
- If you do not plan to attend live, please notify us of your cancellation via email to email@example.com at least 72 hours prior to live webinar start time.
- Refunds will only be provided if registration is canceled within 72 hours prior to live webinar start time.
- The recording will NOT be sent out to live registration participants!
- Please be sure to read the instructions carefully on the registration form so that you BOTH submit the form AND pay your fee.
Financial Declaration: The presenter is compensated for this live webinar and the content created and presented may be recorded and later available for purchase from which the presenter will receive financial gains. The presenter has no conflict of interest.
Privacy of Participants: The privacy of all participants assuredly will be maintained from registration through receipt of certificate of completion.
Policy for Complaints: If for any reason you are dissatisfied with the quality of this course or any other issue related to this training institute, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond within 24 business hours.
Wonders Counseling Services, LLC and Mindfulness-based Therapy Training Institute, LLC understands there are many different ways people need to access learning information and materials and our company is committed to providing ADA compliant content to the public for physical, visual, and auditory disabilities.To request an accommodation, please email us email@example.com at least 2 days prior to the live webinar date and we will work to fulfill your request promptly.
Non-discrimination Policy: Wonders Counseling Services, LLC and Mindfulness-based Therapy Training Institute do not discriminate against any individual or group with respect to any service, program or activity on the basis of gender, race, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, age, organizational membership, or any other basis prohibited by law.