It’s a 2 Day Nashville, Tennessee
Play Therapy Training Event
A Playful Adventure Through the History, Theories,
Skills, Ethics, and Cultural Considerations
of Providing Play Therapy for Children and Families
March 8 and 9, 2024
at Trevecca University
(exact location will be provided after registration)
This training is approved by APT Approved Provider 12-321 and NBCC as an Approved
Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 7421 for 12CE hours.
Total of 12 APT LIVE play therapy CONTACT HOURS and NBCC CE hours
3 hours history of play therapy
3 hours play therapy seminal and historical theories
2 hours play therapy skills and methods
2 hours play therapy ethics
2 hours play therapy cultural
Presentation will include lecture, video and audio, experiential learning, small group and large group applications
Mindfulness-based Therapy Training Institute, LLC has been approved by NBCC as an Approved
Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 7421. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are
clearly identified.Mindfulness-based Therapy Training Institute, LLC is solely responsible for all
aspects of the programs.
Presented by Lynn Louise Wonders, LPC, CPCS, RPT-S ™ (presenter bio here)
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for graduate-level students, pre-licensed and licensed mental health professionals for continuing education purposes.
This two day training event will be a creatively presented learning event not only for therapists needing foundational training, but also for more experienced therapists who want to return to a beginner’s mind and learn some new twists on the tried and true history and practices of play therapy through a fun two days of learning together playfully. This training will provide participants an opportunity to gather with fellow professionals to explore how play therapy first came to be and how it has evolved since the turn of the 20th century up until present day 2023, an in-depth and playful study of the seminal and historical play therapy theories, the ethics of providing play therapy services, cultural considerations of providing play therapy, and experiential play therapy methods practice.
- Name 5 of the historical figures who created and laid foundations of play therapy theory in practice.
- Differentiate non-directive play therapy from directive play therapy.
- List 10 seminal and historical play therapy theories.
- Recite Axline’s 8 tenets of child centered play therapy.
- Define Prescriptive Play Therapy.
- Describe how and when to blend and bridge directive and non-directive play therapy within sessions.
- List 10 facilitative and/or directive play therapy interventions and how to implement on the foundation of the tenets of child-centered play therapy.
- Name 4 ethical tenets critically important for therapists providing play therapy to attend to.
- Differential cultural humility from cultural competence and explain why it is important when providing play therapy services.
- Describe how play therapy can be most effectively used for supporting family systems.
- List 5 legendary contributors to the field of play therapy who are still alive and contributing presentations, writing and/or research.
- Enumerate 4 powers of play and the 20 ways in which play acts as the change-agent in therapy.
- Explain why the descriptors of “invitational” and “facilitative” are important to the use of directive play therapy.
Program Schedule (CENTRAL TIME ZONE)
8:30 – 10:00 A Walk Through The History of Play Therapy
10:15 – 11:45 A Walk Through The History of Play Therapy
12:45 -2:15 The Gallery of Play Therapy Seminal and Historical Theories
2:30 – 4:00 The Gallery of Play Therapy Seminal and Historical Theories
4:00 -4:30 Experiential Play Therapy Methods
8:30 – 10:30 Cultivating Cultural Humility as a Play Therapy Provider
10:45 – 11:45 Invitational and Facilitative Play Therapy Skills and Methods
1:00 – 2:00 The Ethics of Play Therapy
2:15 – 3:15 Ethics of Play Therapy
3:15 – 3:45 Experiential Play Therapy Methods
3:45 – 4:00 Q and A
4:00 – 4:15 Evaluations and Certificates
Access to Course and Materials: Course registrants will receive a digital packet of handouts via email 2 days prior to the live event.
Student Tuition: $150 (students must be enrolled in a graduate level mental health services training program)
Pre-licensed and Licensed Professionals Tuition: $325
Financial Declaration: The presenter is compensated for this live event and the content created and presented may be recorded and later available for purchase from which the presenter will receive financial gains. The presenter has no conflict of interest.
Privacy of Participants: The privacy of all participants assuredly will be maintained from registration through receipt of certificate of completion.
Policy for Complaints: If for any reason you are dissatisfied with the quality of this course or any other issue related to this training institute, please email us at email@example.com and we will respond within 24 business hours with every effort to address your concerns satisfactorily.
Wonders Counseling Services, LLC and Mindfulness-based Therapy Training Institute, LLC understands there are many different ways people need to access learning information and materials and our company is committed to providing ADA compliant content to the public for physical, visual, and auditory disabilities.To request an accommodation, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org at least 7 days prior to the live webinar date and we will work to fulfill your request promptly.
Non-discrimination Policy: Wonders Counseling Services, LLC and Mindfulness-based Therapy Training Institute do not discriminate against any individual or group with respect to any service, program or activity on the basis of gender, race, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, age, organizational membership, or any other basis prohibited by law.