Live Play Therapy Webinar Bundle
7 Sign Up Savings!
Sign up for all the remaining 7 live webinars listed below and save some $$$ on fees!
Purchase a seat to all 7 webinars and receive a 17% discount!
With the 7 Sign Up Savings purchased over the next 7 days (from October 12 to October 19 only) you’ll get all 7 live webinars and 14 CONTACT hours of APT approved training for just $261.
The Ethics of Having Order & Organization in the Process of Play Therapy
October 19 11:00-1:00 EST
Presented by Liz Gray, LCSW, RPT hosted by Lynn Louise Wonders, LPC, RPT-S, CPCS this 2 hour live webinar will examine the ethics of organization within the course of play therapy. From your play room equipment to your record keeping, in order to fulfill our ethical responsibilities to our clients’ care. This 2 hour webinar will provide training on methods for creating and maintaining order and organization for your play therapy equipment and supplies, the expressive art produced by clients in session and how to keep up with all the important information collected from parents and other collaterals to the play therapy process.(Intermediate)
- Recite relevant ethics code sections and name reasons it is an ethical issue to maintain an organized play space and play therapy records.
- Name 10 techniques to set up and maintain order in the play room.
- Name 10 ways to track and maintain play therapy- specific clinical record items
Play Therapy with Separation Anxiety
October 26 11:00-1:00 EST
Children who have separation anxiety disorder experience severe disruption in ability to have a normal and happy functioning life. Play therapy can be a source of healing, learning and growing into an ability to have healthy separation from parents or other primary caregivers. This webinar will provide an overview of the nature of separation anxiety and how to address it in play therapy. (Intermediate)
- Describe the diagnostic criteria and clinical description of separation anxiety and separation anxiety disorder in children.
- List 10 play therapy interventions for addressing the symptoms and underlying issues related to separation anxiety
- Name 10 strategies for supporting parents as important agents of change and growth in the play therapy process
Group Play Therapy with Children Ages 5-11
November 16 11:00-1:00 EST
Play therapy with groups of children can be a powerful modality for growth and healing. This webinar will provide training on how to create groups with particular play based interventions focused on various topics such as social skills, kindergarten readiness, anxiety, grief and changing families. (Intermediate)
- Describe the nature and benefits of group play therapy with children ages 5-11.
- Describe how to structure and run groups using play therapy interventions with particular focus on various topics.
- Explain specific methods for tracking progress of group members and how to communicate with parents throughout the play therapy group’s process from initial intake to termination.
Fostering Emotional Intelligence through Play Therapy for Children & Parents
November 30 11:00-1:00 EST
Based on the research of Daniel Goleman, PhD and John Gottman, PhD, this 2 hour webinar will explore in depth the essence of emotional intelligence and how play therapy interventions can help children and their parents develop adaptive ways of identifying and expressing emotions resulting in improved relationships with self and others. (Intermediate)
- Define the concept of emotional intelligence and identify why it is important to cultivate.
- Name 15 facilitative play therapy interventions that effectively foster development of emotional intelligence.
- Describe 7 ways to assist parents in understanding how and why they will benefit from learning new skills to foster their own emotional intelligence and how to be an emotion coach for their children.
Evidence Based Play Therapy: Research Supported Treatment Planning
December 7 11:00-1:00 EST
This 2 hour webinar will carefully examine the research that shows and supports evidence based play therapy for treatment planning in helping children with a variety of mental health issues and challenges. (Intermediate)
- Describe the most current and standing research studies demonstrating the efficacy of particular play therapy interventions.
- Explain how to structure a play therapy treatment plan rooted in evidence based practices.
- Describe ways to share with other professionals, parents and the community about the research that supports the use of play therapy to help children with mental health challenges.
Bibliotherapy: The Magic of Bringing Books into the Play Room
December 14 11:00-1:00 EST
In this 2 hour webinar we will look at the best ways to utilize children’s literature in the play room to assist in helping children in their process of healing and growth. (Intermediate)
- Describe the history and use of bibliotherapy and how it can be used in play therapy services.
- List 50 children’s books that have therapeutic value in helping children and will learn how to utilize these books in the play room.
- Describe how to guide parents in utilizing books at home to reinforce the established play therapy treatment plan.
Purposeful Uses for Games in the Play Room
December 21 11:00-1:00 EST
In this 2 hour webinar we will examine the therapeutic power and purpose of using games in the play room to help children through their process of healing and growth. (Intermediate)
- List the approaches to play therapy along with theoretical orientations reviewed with emphasis on the prescriptive play therapy approach specific to including games in the play room.
- Identify at least 5 clinically based reasons for utilizing games in the play room.
- List 20 games that can be purposefully utilized within play therapy tied in to specific treatment planning goals..