Are you looking for inspiration, ideas and resources for directive play therapy activities? This article will bring you just that! Let’s look at 8 resources you can use to expand your tool kit for ways to playfully help your child clients.
Pssst! One of my own streams of revenue is partnering with other businesses as an affiliate partner, I often include affiliate links in many of my articles, including this one! When you make a purchase from my affiliate links, your price is the same and I receive a small commission. I only affiliate with and promote products and programs I personally have used and recommend.
8 Resources for Directive Play Therapy Activities
- This book called Play Therapy Activities is geared toward parents but has lots of inspiring play based activities all based in the power of play. Click on the image and you can read the reviews yourself!
- CBT Art Activities is filled with all kinds of creative and expressive activities that address shifting thoughts, beliefs and behaviors. Great for older children and teens! Click on the image below and look inside!
- The super creative Jackie Flynn, LMHC, RPT-S has developed another child therapy symposium where she’s brought together so many experts on various topics. It’s free and then all time access is available at a low price after the free window. Check it out RIGHT HERE.
- Tracy Bumberry is a very well known play therapist, supervisor and trainer and she published one of my favorite resources for directive play therapy activities called 2,4,6,8 This is How We Regulate Click on the image below to have a peek inside!
- Have you seen the recorded training called International Play and Expressive Arts Master Class Series? Four (4) CE hours with some true masters in the field of play therapy are bringing all kinds of inspiration and right now the price is so low! Take a look HERE.
- My own 2 hour recorded training called Directive Play Therapy Techniques is loaded with ways to help children! Check it out HERE.
- Melt Anxiety and Relax is an idea deck with 44 art, CBT and mindfulness strategies to help children mitigate anxiety and build relaxation skills.
- And last but not least, this free article has loads of resources all about play therapy to inspire you!