RECORDED WORKSHOP 1.5 HOURS OF APT APPROVED PLAY THERAPY NON-CONTACT TRAINING – (Approved APT Provider #12-321)
The parent intake session could be the most important session you will conduct in the process of play therapy.
What you ask and what you say in the initial parent intake session is critically important for case conceptualization, treatment planning and establishing important boundaries, policies and protocols.
These first 2 sessions are when you gather crucially important information for assessment and subsequent planning purposes.
This will be a 1.5 hour training worth 1.5 hours of live- contact APT approved play therapy training.
What you will learn and what you will receive from this training:
1. How to establish initial rapport with parents and set parents as ease
2. Questions to ask to gather history and systemic information critically important to your plan for treatment
3. How to listen for what is not being said.
4. How to handle “curve balls” thrown by parents in the session
5. How to screen for history of or active abuse and addiction.
6. Receive a template for information gathering.
7. Review case scenarios.
You will receive two forms to use in the Play Therapy Intake Session along with a PowerPoint presentation. A verbal quiz will be administered at the end.
This workshop counts for 1.5 hours of non-contact APT approved play therapy training hours.
**Upon Purchase of this training you will automatically be directed to the website content access page. If you have any trouble accessing content please email us at email@example.com and we will send you content access link.