CATALOG of Recorded Play Therapy CE Workshops!
Purchase of these workshops includes an automatic downloadable link of the workshop recording, hand-outs and there is a quiz with instructions to receive your certificate for non-contact play therapy training hours by APT (APT Approved Provider 12-321).
**After you submit payment you should be immediately redirected to the CONTENT ACCESS PAGE for the workshop you have submitted where you will find links for your recording and hand outs. If for some reason you are not redirected or you need assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org**
Refund and Cancellation Policy: Given the nature of these recorded workshops being valuable content delivered and available to you after purchase, there are no refunds after purchase. Thank you for your understanding.
This 3 hour video presentation workshop covers the history, the foundations of play therapy including a variety of theoretical orientations and approaches to play therapy. Participants will receive a thorough overview of what is needed to begin the journey of becoming a play therapist!
- 1. Participants will develop an understanding of the nature of play therapy and its benefits focusing on child clients.
- Child Centered Play Therapy will be explained, explored and demonstrated as a foundation.
- Directive and Prescriptive approaches to Play Therapy will be explained, explored and demonstrated.
- Participants will receive a broad and rich exposure to the history, applications and effects of play therapy with child clients.
- Participants will receive 20 play therapy skills they can begin using with child clients right away.
3 hours of play therapy non-contact training (APT Approved Provider 12-321)
Play Therapy & Court: Be Prepared!
This one hour workshop provides a brief but impactful overview of what you need to know to be prepared for appearing in court and testifying as a play therapist.
Participants will receive overview of how to be prepared for court testimony as a play therapist by the following:
- Properly respond to subpoena
- Prepare your Play Therapy General File (definition, research)
- Prepare your Play Therapy Resume/CV to be established as a play therapy expert
- Prepare a Summary of Play Therapy Treatment for your play therapy intake, play therapy sessions and recommendations for parents and teachers of your child clients.
- Dress, Arrive Early, Focus, Proper Speech & Posture as a play therapist testifying in court.
- Prepare to be qualified as a play therapy expert in the eyes of the family court.
- How to handle questions about your work and your opinion as a play therapist on Direct and Cross Examination
1 hour of non-contact play therapy training (APT Approved Provider #12-321)
Play Therapy in Preschools & Behavioral Observations
Often play therapy mentoring clients ask me how they might find a way to expand their services in order to utilize mornings and mid-day times. Taking play based support into preschool settings is an impactful way to reach more children and provide services that are much needed.
1. Participants will learn what play therapy services look like in preschool settings in terms of parameters, informed consent, policies, confidentiality differences from in office therapy and more.
2. Participants will learn how to conduct a play-based behavioral observation and how to structure this aspect of the services.
3. Participants will receive a behavioral check-list/form to use for the observation.
4. Participants will learn how to talk about these specialized services to preschool directors, teachers and parents.
5. Participants will receive a sample contract for services for the preschool along with a special informed consent form for parents.
6. Participants will receive training on how to structure the time and fees for preschool setting services.
2 Hours of non-contact play therapy training (APT Approved Provider #12-321)
Play Therapy with Couples, Families & Teens
Play therapy can be effective with all ages but it is particularly effective in sessions with couples, families and adolescent clients.
1.You will receive and overview of the nature of play therapy and its benefits for couples, families and teens with regard to developmental stages.
2.You will learn how various theoretical orientation can utilize play therapy through evidence-based interventions..
3.You will receive an overview of play therapy skills you can begin using with clients right away.
2 Hours of play therapy non-contact training (APT Approved Provider #12-321)
Play Therapy & The Initial Parent Phone Call: Screening for Appropriate Fit
That initial phone call with a parent of a prospective child client is perhaps the most important point in determining appropriateness for play therapy services with you. In this one hour recorded workshop I will teach you how to look for red flags, how to listen for what the parent is and is not telling you and how to know when it’s best to refer the client to another therapist or agency. Without this knowledge, many play therapists have found themselves stepping into a very messy situation where they are later pulled into court or faced with having to repeatedly address a difficult parent who interferes with your ability to provide the play therapy services you are there to provide.
1. Identify the 2 important purposes of the initial phone call with parents seeking play therapy services.
2. Learn the 4 screening points to qualify an appropriate client for play therapy services.
3. Learn to screen for potentially high risk scenarios for which play therapy services may not be appropriate
4. Learn a specific outline of rules and steps to utilize in order to achieve proper screening for appropriateness for play therapy services.
1 Hour non-contact play therapy training (APT Approved Provider #12-321)
Play Therapy & the 90 Minute Parent Intake
The play therapy parent intake session could be the most important session you will conduct in the process of play therapy. What you ask and what you say in the initial parent intake session before providing play therapy services for a child client is critically important for case conceptualization, play therapy treatment planning and establishing important boundaries, policies and protocols.
1. Learn how to establish initial rapport with parents bringing their child for play therapy services and learn to set parents as ease
2. Learn questions to ask to gather history and systemic information critically important to your plan for treatment for play therapy services.
3. Learn how to listen to what parents of child clients coming for play therapy services are NOT saying.
4. How to handle “curve balls” thrown by parents seeking play therapy for their child in the parent intake session
5. How to screen for history of or active abuse and addiction in the family system as part of the preparation for play therapy services.
6. Receive a template for information gathering as you meet with parents who want to bring their child for play therapy.
7. Review case scenarios of play therapy parent intake sessions.
1.5 hours of non-contact play therapy training (APT Approved Provider 12-321)
This 2 hour workshop provides training on the medical/traditional AND the alternative perspectives on the diagnosis of ADHD for children as well as specific play therapy interventions that can be used in helping child clients who have this diagnosis or display ADHD symptoms.
1. Participants will be able to clearly define the clinical definition of ADHD and identify the symptoms in child clients.
2. Participants will be able to understand the potential for differentiating diagnoses and identify what other issues ADHD symptoms may point toward important to recognize in the context of delivering play therapy services.
3. Participants will learn how to utilize play therapy interventions to assist clients with ADHD or ADHD symptomss using at least 10 facilitative play-based techniques.
2 hours of non-contact play therapy training (APT Approved Provider 12-321)
Come and learn everything you need to know about how to build your play room for play therapy! Whether you will be setting up a traditional play room, using an office for multiple purposes or using a mobile play room for play therapy in the community, this 1 hour mini-workshop provides a comprehensive list of all you need to be equipped for providing play therapy services. This workshop provides 1 hour of non-contact play therapy training (Approved APT Provider 12-321).
- Learn how to equip a traditional child centered play room.
- Learn how to equip a combination office and play room for multiple purposes.
- Learn how to create and travel with a mobile play room.
1 hour of non-contact play therapy training (APT Approved Provider 12-321)
When working with child clients using play therapy it is essential we have a good relationship with the child’s parents. Often parents don’t understand what we are doing in the play room or don’t know how to support the work we are doing with their children. Many play therapists have not received training on the ins and outs of how to interact with and involve parents in the play therapy process.
1. Learn How to Talk to Parents about Play Therapy
2. Lear to Develop Protocols and Policies for Parents
3. Learn how to Involve Parents Directly in Play Therapy Sessions
4. Help Parents be on Board with Play Therapy Process and Provide Parenting Guidance With Savvy
5. Keep Parents Invested in Bringing Children to Play Therapy!
2 hours of non-contact play therapy training (APT Approved Provider 12-321)
Play Therapy & High Conflict Divorce and Custody Cases
Providing play therapy for children whose parents are embroiled in a high conflict divorce and/or custody case is not for the faint of heart. With the proper skills set, clear polices and protocols and and an understanding of the intricacies and complexities of these kinds of cases a therapist who provides play therapy services will be prepared to avoid common pitfalls and keep the focus on helping the child through this very difficult time.
Often play therapists get in over their head because they aren’t properly trained to work with these intractable family dynamics.
This 4 hour workshop provides a very thorough and solid foundation of practical knowledge and guidance on how to use play therapy effectively while also knowing how to manage parents, guardians ad litem, lawyers and court if necessary.
This in-depth workshop includes copies of my proprietary documents including my policy forms and informed consent specific to cases involved in litigation as well as numerous resources and case scenarios based on real life cases.
4 hours of non-contact play therapy training (APT Approved Provider 12-321)
40 Play Therapy Techniques with the Anxious Child
This three hour recorded tele-workshop will provide a tool-box of 40 effective directive play therapy interventions to use when working with child clients with anxiety with an essential foundation of client-centered tenets and practice. The interventions will be grouped into purposeful categories of 1) assessing & facilitating awareness 2) mastering thoughts & beliefs 3) self-soothing 4) empowerment/mastery. Participants will complete this workshop with a collection of practical, actionable interventions to assist anxious child clients and involve parents and families in the process. A quiz will be emailed to participants to complete before certificates are received.
1. Participants will learn how the foundational tenets of child-centered play therapy are essential to helping anxious children feel safe and free to later participate in directive play techniques.
2. Participants will learn 9 playful interventions for assessing and facilitating awareness of anxiety.
3. Participants will learn 8 playful interventions for mastering thoughts & beliefs.
4. Participants will learn 15 playful interventions for self soothing and calming the brain and body.
5. Participants will learn 8 playful interventions for helping child clients experience mastery over anxiety and an increased sense of self-confidence.
6. Participants will learn how to involve parents and families to support the process of helping child clients.
7. Participants will apply these interventions to fictional case scenarios
3 hours of non-contact play therapy training (APT Approved Provider 12-321)
This recording of a two hour live tele-workshop is for play therapists in private practice AND for those who provide direction of services. We will cover in detail the most ethically and legally sound way to gain informed consent, maintain the clinical record and create consistent protocols for how to handle subpoenas, how to communicate with attorneys and guardians ad litem, how to prepare for court, how to handle video recording sessions and how to interact with parents/custodial guardians. These protocols are specific to the practice of play therapy and are based on interviews and consultation with attorneys, licensed psychologists who serve as custody evaluators in Georgia and guardians ad litem in Georgia. The information in this workshop does NOT consist of or substitute for legal advice and all participants are responsible for consulting with their own legal representative and/or professional liability insurance carrier in the case legal advice is needed.
- Participants will learn specific protocols for communications with attorneys and guardians ad litem.
- Participants will learn specific protocols for communications with parents/custodial guardians and keeping clarity as the ethics of the role of therapist.
- Participants will learn how to respond to a subpoena and how to prepare for court.
2 hours of non-contact play therapy training (APT Approved Provider 12-321 )
Learn More and Register Here
In this 2 hour tele-workshop we will explore the nature of selective mutism in child clients and how to utilize specific play therapy interventions to help children and families.
1. Participants will receive a thorough understanding of what selective mutism and some of the underlying related issues.
2. Participants will learn how selective mutism can be identified and diagnosed.
3. Participants will learn how to recognize the 5 stages on the spectrum of communication in selective mutism during the course of play therapy.
4. Participants will learn play therapy techniques and receive an overview of how to create a treatment plan for working with children who have selective mutism
2 hours of non-contact play therapy training (APT Approved provider #12-321)
In this workshop you will be led through the 8 stages of human development and how you can use play therapy with people of ALL AGES! You will receive specific interventions and ideas for treatment plans involving play therapy techniques regardless of the age of your client.
1.You will develop a foundational understanding of the nature of play therapy and its benefits for clients of all ages.
2.You will receive an overview and application of the 8 Developmental Stages of Human Development & how play can be therapeutic at all stages.
3.You will learn how various theoretical orientation can utilize play through evidence-based interventions..
4.You will receive an overview of play therapy skills they can begin using with clients right away.
3 hours of non-contact play therapy training (APT Approved provider #12-321)
Mindfulness in Play Therapy
Mindfulness practice has been proven in brain studies to have meaningful and significant improvements to brain function . Play therapists will benefit from learning not only how to practice more mindfulness themselves in order to be full present for clients and also to introduce mindfulness to children through play therapy techniques..
During this training, participants will have an opportunity to learn about the practice and philosophy of mindfulness and how it relates to play therapy with child clients. Mindfulness practice includes breath exercises for somatic awareness, simple, play-based activities and other relaxation techniques. This workshop provides specific training in how to apply mindfulness techniques to working with child clients in play therapy. These techniques incorporated into directive play therapy will help children to increase focus and awareness of body, breath and thoughts. Mindfulness practice in play therapy provides skills for children to feel empowered adaptively, to self soothe when anxious, to have choice in terms of which of their thoughts they will follow and believe and how they can help themselves to bring calm as needed. All of these techniques are introduced in an experiential platform and in a playful manner so that play therapists can learn first-hand how to practice these skills and how to apply them in the play room to help play therapy clients.
- Describe the general philosophy and practice of “mindfulness” in every day life and how this practice assists play therapists in being more present with child clients in the play room.
- Learn a minimum of 10 play techniques to utilize in the play room to assist child clients with increasing somatic and breath awareness.
- Learn a minimum of 5 relaxation techniques adapted for children ages 3-11 to assist child clients in developing skills for self-soothing.
- Experience relaxation exercises and play techniques first-hand to see how these techniques have a direct effect on increased awareness of thoughts, body sensations and control of breath to soothe the nervous system.
4.5 non-contact play therapy training hours (APT Approved Provider #12-321)
This workshop provides my top tips and secrets for how I have had great success in building and sustaining a play therapist in private practice!
In this 1 hour mini-workshop you will hear a plethora of ideas, strategies, tips and tools for how to get the word out and develop a referral network that will help you have a thriving play therapy practice with clients that you LOVE to work with! You will be provided with a link to join a private Facebook group with the same title as this recording upon completion.
**Note this workshop does not provide play therapy training hours. It’s simply a business-building tool to help you along the way.
When you click the Pay Now button below you will be directed to Paypal. After your payment is processed you will be automatically directed to a CONTENT ACCESS page where you can download your recording link to listen and learn!