Children are suffering as a result of parental high conflict, divorce and custody battles.
Providing play therapy for children whose parents are embroiled in a high conflict divorce and/or custody case is not for the faint of heart. With the proper skills set, clear polices and protocols and and an understanding of the intricacies and complexities of these kinds of cases a therapist who provides play therapy services will be prepared to avoid common pitfalls and keep the focus on helping the child through this very difficult time.
Often therapists get in over their head because they aren’t properly trained to work with these intractable families. This 4 hour workshop that goes hand in hand with my two other workshops Ethical & Legal Protocols in Play Therapy and Parents in Play Therapy will provide a solid foundation of practical knowledge and guidance on how to use play therapy effectively while also knowing how to manage parents, guardians ad litem, lawyers and court if necessary.
This workshop will include copies of my proprietary documents including my policy forms and my informed consent to cases involved in litigation as well as numerous resources and case scenarios based on real life cases.
- Therapists will learn how to screen during the initial play therapy intake for the vital information that might otherwise be withheld.
- Therapists will learn how to ensure they know what their role is and what it is not.
- Therapists will learn how to set an maintain firm boundaries to protect the process of the play therapy.
- Therapists will learn about the concept of parental alienation, gate-keeping, polarization and loyalty conflict. They will learn how to identify these elements and how to manage the therapeutic process when these have been identified.
- Therapists will learn specific ways to keep the play therapy clinical record.
- Therapists will learn how to remain neutral even in the face of being pulled by parents, attorneys and sometimes the Guardian ad Litem who has bias.
- Therapists will learn how to best use play therapy in helping children whose parents are going through high conflict divorce and/or custody battles.
4 hours of Non-Contact Play Therapy Training for the recorded workshop.
To register CLICK HERE and you will be directed to another website where all of my recorded workshops are housed in order to provide you immediate access to your quiz and certificate upon completion of our course.