This two hour LIVE WEBINAR workshop provides an overview of the diagnosis and treatment of Trichotilomania (also known as hair pulling disorder) using a play therapy approach combining cognitive behavioral play therapy, mindfulness-based play therapy techniques steeped in researched and evidence-based methods. Trichotillomania is currently classified as an “Obsessive Compulsive and Related Disorder” in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition.
- Participants will receive a thorough overview of Trichotillomania and the possible causes for the development of this disorder in children.
- Participants will learn how they can utilize cognitive behavioral based facilitative play therapy techniques as intervention to treat Trichotillomania in child clients.
- Participants will learn how to use mindfulness based play therapy techniques as interventions to treat Trichotillomania in child clients.
- Participants will learn ways to utilize a child-centered play therapy approach in working with children with Trichotilomania.
- Participants will learn how to work with the parents of child clients receiving play therapy who suffer from Trichotillomania.
RECORDED WEBINAR – via Video Presentation with Downloadable Handouts
2 Hours of Play Therapy Non-Contact Training Hours Approved by Association for Play Therapy (APT Approved Provider #12-321)
FEE: $46 includes 2 hours of play therapy training CEUs and handouts
No refunds will be issued due to the nature of these recorded trainings
Once you click the pay button and pay, wait for your device to be redirected to the content access page. Once there, go to the URL bar and copy and paste the link into a document or email to yourself. Problems? No problem! Just email firstname.lastname@example.org