This two hour LIVE WEBINAR workshop provides an overview of the diagnosis and treatment of Trichotilomania (also known as hair pulling disorder) using a play therapy approach combining cognitive behavioral play therapy, mindfulness-based play therapy techniques steeped in researched and evidence-based methods. Trichotillomania is currently classified as an “Obsessive Compulsive and Related Disorder” in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition.
- Participants will receive a thorough overview of Trichotillomania and the possible causes for the development of this disorder in children.
- Participants will learn how they can utilize cognitive behavioral based facilitative play therapy techniques as intervention to treat Trichotillomania in child clients.
- Participants will learn how to use mindfulness based play therapy techniques as interventions to treat Trichotillomania in child clients.
- Participants will learn ways to utilize a child-centered play therapy approach in working with children with Trichotilomania.
- Participants will learn how to work with the parents of child clients receiving play therapy who suffer from Trichotillomania.
RECORDED WEBINAR – via Video Presentation with Downloadable Handouts
2 Hours of Advanced Play Therapy Non-Contact Training Hours Approved by Association for Play Therapy (APT Approved Provider #12-321)
FEE: $40 includes 2 hours of play therapy training CEUs and handouts
To register CLICK HERE and you will be redirected to another website where all of my recorded workshops are now housed in order for you to immediately access your quiz and certificate upon completion of your course!