This 3 hour Live Distance recorded workshop will provide therapists new to play therapy an opportunity to get a thorough training in play therapy theories (child centered, directive and prescriptive approaches) as well as a rich skill set to begin working with child clients offering play therapy.
Participants will leave having a rich and broad understanding of the history and present framework of how and why play therapy works to help children heal and cope as well as a some basic skills to begin the journey.
- 1. Participants will develop an understanding of the nature of play therapy and its benefits focusing on child clients.
- Child Centered Play Therapy will be explained, explored and demonstrated as a foundation.
- Directive and Prescriptive approaches to Play Therapy will be explained, explored and demonstrated.
- Participants will receive a broad and rich exposure to the history, applications and effects of play therapy with child clients.
- Participants will receive 20 play therapy skills they can begin using with child clients right away.
(3 hours of play therapy NON- CONTACT training – APT Approved Provider 12-321)
Location: Via Video ONLINE!
Fee: $49 (includes 3 APT approved CE hours)